Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wiki the Pedia


So, believe it or not, when I am writing these blogs, I often go to Wikipedia for my knowledge. I'm willing to bet that you guys aren't looking for this blog to be a hard fact finding Pulitzer Prize piece, so I don't mind going there for some guidance. I'm sure I could use other reputable news sources like CNN, The Today Show, and 20/20, so as soon as they're done talking about Charlie Sheen, I'll check them out.

Anyway, there is some crazy stuff that people have taken the time to document on Wikipedia. Last week, I mentioned that you can look up Presidents' Day in Botswana. Today I was doing research on Ultimate Fighting, and I came across a page dedicated to explaining what a Groin Attack is. Surprisingly, it's very effective in self defense.

I once had thoughts of adding something myself to this beautiful site. My cousin's husband, Steve (I unnecessarily put his name in there so he and his wife, Mel, will know it's about him), claims that he is the inventor of the Orange Sherbet Shake or at least he was the reason it came about. Apparently, he requested one as a lad just outside of Buffalo, and not too long after, the ice cream shop was carrying them. If this is enough to make him the founder of the Orange Sherbet Shake, then I can be credited for Weekend at Bernies 2. After I heard his claim, I went home and was going to create a Wikipedia page, claiming Steve to be the founder of the Orange Sherbet Shake, but when I started looking into it, the process seemed too complicated and time consuming.

With that being said, it blows my mind the things that people have taken the time to document. Here are some things that you can find out about on Wikipedia: Steve Guttenberg, Small Wonder (TV series), glam metal, National Hockey League, Altoona Curve, My Pet Monster, Arch Deluxe, and Whatzupwitu.

There isn't a Wikipedia for "Dave and Brian" yet. I guess we're too complicated for people to try and explain.

Dave


No comments:

Post a Comment