Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tulsa Man. . .Tulsa


I am in Tulsa, OK right now and I know what a lot of you are wondering: Did you win some sort of dream vacation? No, I’m here for a planning meeting. Brian and I will separately be emceeing morning shows this summer for MOVE, a high school conference put on by Christ In Youth (CIY).

These events will be happening all over the country and they’ve hired a bunch of different comedians to emcee. We will be getting together today and tomorrow, at a cabin outside of Tulsa and planning all of the morning sessions. I can’t help but wonder though if this is some ploy to get a bunch of comedians alone in a cabin, and see how they respond to various emotional and mental challenges through the introduction of costume characters and props for research or reality TV purposes. I don’t know. I guess I should’ve read the fine print in the contract better.

We are coming up with a few different aspects of the morning show. I don’t want to give them all away, but one is a character that will act as our assistant in the show. I have come up with a few characters and here they are:

-Pete the Unpopular Merman- Mermaids and Merman are half human, half fish and usually depicted as top half human, and bottom half fish. Pete (or female version) is bottom half human, top half fish. Not as popular as other Merfolk.

-Martin Van Buren our 8th President-Not sure where this could go, but he’s obscure and had cool hair.

-Hank Bieber- Older, less popular, less cool brother of Justin Bieber. Still wears Thomas the Tank Engine Pajamas, only listens to the High School Musical 2 Soundtrack, and enjoys cheese puffs with ketchup.

So those are my character ideas. We’ll see what else people come up with. If we don’t use these you may see them some day in a Dave and Brian video or a nightmare.

Dave

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! You guys are going to be doing Move again this year??? That's how I first found out about you, Summer '09 at Anderson University :) Which Move locations will you be at??? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME!!!!! *begs on knees*

    ReplyDelete