Friday, March 11, 2011

Junior High

Brian and I are on the road this weekend in Saratoga Springs, NY. We are performing at the Youth for Christ Breakout Conference for Junior High. As I left my house I told my son, "Daddy has to go to work this weekend, to rock kids' faces off." He looked at me very seriously and said, "Yes. Ok."

It's hard to describe the energy in a room full of hundreds of Junior High kids. Have you ever seen what happens when you put a Mentos in a 2 liter of Diet Coke? When we took the stage, we used our typical intro which goes like this:

Dave- We sing very important songs that are going to change the world.
Brian- Yeah. We're a lot like Bob Dylan or Justin Bieber.

The place went nuts. There was a mix of girls screaming and boys booing. When it died down, I said, "Sorry, we didn't realize Bob Dylan was so polarizing." Our segment went really well, and it looks like it's going to be a great weekend. We sold some CD's, took some pictures, and signed some kids arms.

As I finish this, I want to say that the people of Japan are in our prayers. When things like this happen, I realize how fragile things can be in a moment and how foolish some of the things I get mad about really are. It definitely puts the water in my basement into perspective. Donate money, go help if you have the opportunity, and most importantly pray.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment