Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Excuse Me, That's my Mail


Someone apparently hacked into my email yesterday and changed my password, so that I could no longer access it. I was able to get back in to my electronic mail today, and I did not like what they had done with the place. They moved all of my stuff, they changed the curtains, and pretty much let the dog out without a leash.

All of my emails from my "SENT" box and my "INBOX" were in my "TRASH" box. My Inbox had 2 messages from some sort of India travel agency telling me they got my emails and would be in touch soon. I really can't wait to continue that correspondence. My Sent box had 1 email, sent about 40 times, and each time sent to about 50 people. The email was about what seemed to be a fantastic financial opportunity that people could be a part of and all they have to do is share some personal information. It sounded pretty legit to me. My only concern is that the creator doesn't seem to have an email, because they had to steal mine. Who knows, maybe they are so busy with this financial opportunity, they don't have time for their own email.

They also took the time to change my settings, so that whenever I went to compose a new email, their financial email kept popping up. It was also showing that it was being sent from another email. I would like to thank this hacker, because I didn't even know that sort of thing could be done on my email.

Needless to say, I changed my password. I also had to go through and change my password on every sort of account I had. So hopefully my email is safe, my Ebay account is safe, and most importantly my Nick Jr account is safe.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment