Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Madness of March is Upon Me


I have been watching way too much College Basketball since Thursday. I used to think they called it "March Madness" because of all the crazy buzzer beaters and upsets, but I'm beginning to think it's a real disease that is caused by too much viewing. I'm pretty sure I've spent more hours this weekend watching games, then I had credit hours in college. I'm actually writing this as I'm watching the Syracuse game. I went to Syracuse, and I may go back because I still have some eligibility left. Sorry, that was the "Madness" talking.

So, besides delusions of collegiate glory, what else can the "March Madness" cause? Well, when I close my eyes I see faceless silhouettes running pick and rolls, I called my wife for traveling when she was bringing in the groceries, and I'm pretty sure there was a llama in my back yard that only obeyed commands in Portuguese. That last one might have more to do with the cough medicine I was taking for my cold. I hate to make excuses though. I'll try english commands later to see if they work.

I made a bracket and am doing OK. So far only 1 of my Final Four picks is gone. I actually have Syracuse and BYU in the championship game. I picked Syracuse for obvious reasons, and also I think I get a discount on my loan for that. I picked BYU, because I really like to say "Jimmer" and hope I get to as long as possible. For those of you who know what I'm talking about that joke makes sense. For those of you who don't, you find it funny because it's nonsensical. That joke is genius.

I'm a little concerned, because tomorrow things will go back to normal, and I will more than likely go through some form of withdrawal. Right when I am starting to feel normal, Thursday will come and I'll fall off the wagon. Luckily, I'm on the road starting Thursday and won't be watching as much. I wonder if there is some sort of patch for "March Madness?" I'll ask the llama. Does anyone know how to ask for a patch in Portuguese?

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment