Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hanging with Nolan


I have a 2 1/2 year old son named Nolan. It's been pretty entertaining to hang out with him, since he's saying and doing a lot of funny things, and has pretty much caught up with me in maturity. Here are some fun tales from the last few weeks.

The other day, I was working on some stuff on-line, my 4 month old was sitting next to me on the couch, and Nolan was milling around the living room. All of a sudden Nolan grabbed my Bible that was laying out and brought it over. He said, "Daddy's book!" I firmly said, "That's right, now put it down!" I'm kidding. He recognized that it was a Bible and started flipping through it. He then said, "This is Jesus' book." Then he wanted to sing the Jesus songs. I started with some Gregorian Chants, but he was more down with "The B-I-B-L-E" and "Jesus Loves Me."

Anyway, after we sang, he continued to thumb through the Bible. I sat there and thought, "Wow. This kid is awesome. He's going to be a pastor or something." He then picked up a small hard cover book, and chucked it at the 4 month old's face. I don't know what to think anymore.

Nolan has been taking swimming lessons and I have had the pleasure of going in to the pool with him. First class, we were late and I rushed him so much in the locker room, he cried, through half the class. I cried the the other half. We just had our last class last night and things have really progressed. For one of his final lessons, they wanted him to lie on his stomach over my hands to practice kicking. He was hesitant at first, but I told him it was kind of like flying on the water. He spent the rest of the time floating around shouting, "To infinity, and beyond!" I may use this technique down the road. In 16 years, you may hear a car pass by with the driver shouting, "To infinity and beyond!"

Finally, we sat down the other day and watched The Jungle Book. Nolan didn't want to watch it, but I talked him into it. He didn't want to see the tiger, so I skipped all of those parts. Even though that takes away the driving force of the film, it slimmed it down to just under an hour and was quite enjoyable. Nolan was into it and I leave you with this short video as evidence.





Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment