Friday, February 25, 2011

Yes, We ate at Subway


So last night, it was brought to SUNY Cobleskill. Brian and I had a great time rocking the stage there. We'd like to give a special thanks to the Student Activities Board for all of the hard work they put into the show. We had a great turn out last night.

One thing I love about college shows, is the variety of people in the audience. As I watched the students pile into the auditorium, I noticed 2 guys wearing button up shirts with ties and vests, a few people wearing pajamas, and I'm pretty sure one girl had either just come from or was on her way to a volleyball game. What's cool is that all of these are the recommended attire for our show.

We had some technical difficulties at the beginning of the show, but being the consummate professionals that we are, we plowed through, and cried like little girls on the inside. The audience was very fun and responsive to the whole show. I started conversing with an audience member named Ulie (not sure if that's how you spell it). I kept calling him, "Guy in the Red Shirt," but finally some girl on the other side of the auditorium chimed in and shouted, "His name is Ulie!" I was impressed with her concern for Ulie's honor, and the fact that she could recognize him from across a dark auditorium. I can only assume that Ulie is known for his constant wearing of red shirts which made her connection easier.

I'm not going say there isn't much to do in Cobleskill, but I made a joke that was taken a little too seriously. I said, "Hey, maybe later we can all head over to the Walmart parking lot and play a little Red Rover." The place went nuts. After the show, some guys came over and very seriously said, "So is this Red Rover thing happening?" Unfortunately, we had to head home, but if we didn't, I can't say that Brian and I wouldn't have some throbbing arms today.

So, once again, thanks SUNY Cobleskill. Tell your friends and hopefully our path will cross again. Maybe, just maybe, some day we'll be in a Walmart parking lot and I can yell, "Red Rover, Red Rover, let Cobleskill come over!"

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment