Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving (We'll be recording)


I promised a blog everyday, but unfortunately I did not get around to it yesterday. We have been quite busy working on songs and pulling this all together. It has been a really awesome process so far, and we are really looking forward to how this album is going to sound.

Our days kind of look like this: We wake up and do about 2 hours of Pilates. I'm kidding. Each night, Paul puts together some programming loops for us to play to. Then in the morning Brian plays his guitar parts over them. Then he does his vocals, which usually takes 1 take because he has the voice of an angel who was birthed by another angel and Josh Groban. Then I do my parts which usually takes a little longer because I have the voice of most child stars after they've gone through puberty.

We then take what we've done and send it off to a guy named Tedd T, who is programming the album. This means he'll be adding beats and other various sounds to give everything a nice full sound. We hung out with him on Monday and this guy is no joke. He won a Grammy, and has worked on songs for MuteMath, Jewel, and Rebecca St. James. He actually did the song that my wife and I danced to. I thanked him, but also mentioned I would've preferred it a little slower.

So far we've knocked out Red Rover, Branta Canadensis, Hot Pockets, and Smalltown Gangstas. There is some new flavor added to our older songs and they are sounding great. We also had our friend Adam Agee of Stellarkart come in to help on Branta Canadensis. We're working on some other big names to come in next week, and I'm pretty sure Jennifer Knapp will be coming in on Monday or Tuesday. Not sure what she'll do, but should be fun.

Those of you in the Nashville area, we are doing a show at Riff Burger's (www.riffburgers.com) in Franklin at 5:30 PM and 6:30 PM. We got the show through John Thatcher, who was the bass player in the band, Delirious. He came over yesterday and we talked about websites. I would've rather talked about "I Could Sing of your Love Forever," but websites are cool too.



Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment