Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Youth Councils, Zombies, and Meatloaf


This past weekend, Brian and I performed at The Salvation Army PennDel Divisional Youth Councils. There were teenagers from all over the eastern side of PA and Delaware. Our show was Friday night at 11:30 PM and needless to say, the 2nd half of it is a vague memory. Everyone was pretty out of it by the end including myself. It's hard to remember if that flying goat happened or was a dream I had that night.

Brian lead the worship band this weekend. They were called "The Infiltrators" because it went along with the theme of the weekend. I thought they should be called Chumbawamba, but apparently that was taken. They sounded great, and I hear they may be doing some more events here and there under a different name. I want to suggest "Mannah Hontana" but don't know if they will take it.

At dinner one night, I was sitting with the fine teens from Boyertown, PA. Things got a little quiet and all of a sudden, the kid next to me tapped me on the shoulder. I'm paraphrasing, but he said, "If a virus were to infect the whole world turning the entire population, except us, into zombies, and all we had were 2 AK-47s, what would you do?" My immediate response was, "How much ammo do we have?" To be perfectly honest, I had never really thought about this scenario. My parents are always telling me, "Make sure you are putting together a portfolio for your retirement, and a survival plan for a post-apocalyptic zombie society." One day, I will pull it all together and be prepared.

Our friend Damien Horne (www.damienhorne.com) was also a special guest. Not only is he a very talented singer/songwriter, but he's also a phenomenal Michael Jackson impersonator in our live, full band version of "Hot Pockets" in a previous post (http://daveandbrian.blogspot.com/2011/02/not-cold-pockets_22.html).

Damien's such a humble and easy-going guy that you would never know he's worked with Kanye, John Legend, and Kenny Chesney. He's friends with John Rich, who is currently on "The Celebrity Apprentice," and was telling us how John invited him to his house to watch the season premier. Apparently, Mark Mcgrath, Meatloaf, and other cast members were there. Brian and I had never known such jealousy, as when he told us that Meatloaf performed, "I Would do Anything for Love" on John's piano. All they needed was Gary Busey to reenact a scene from Lethal Weapon and it would've been a party. Anyway, check out Damien. Hopefully, we'll be hanging with him again in August, if not sooner.


Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment