Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Blog within a Blog= Lazy


I've gotten lazy again blogging. I think the it's because I want to put up original material, but other blogs don't seem to do that. They tend to put up things they've seen on other blogs, or cool videos they've seen that day and then comment on them. I noticed bloggers were doing this when we released our music video. It was on a ton of blogs and even had the same write up. Basically, people had copy and pasted other blogs to use as their own. That seems a little lazy to me. What if someone said in a British accent, "Hey, American Idol seems to work. What if we made a show called X Factor, and pretend it's different because of some minor details." That's just a hypothetical.

I guess I could blog about current events. For instance, right now, I'm watching Tina Fey on Ellen, the boys and my dog August are sleeping (hence I have time to write a blog), and I have an aftertaste of pizza in my mouth (when did I eat pizza?). If that's too personal, I could write about the upcoming royal wedding. I'll spare you tough, because I think we're all sick of hearing about Prince Albert of Monaco's marriage to Charlene Wittstock (seen above). July 2nd can't come soon enough. Am I right?

Some people like to use their blogs to critique things. Here's my attempt. This episode of Ellen is pretty good. I'm kind of biased, because I have a crush on Tina Fey. My wife's cool with it because she knows it's nothing weird. Yes, I want to be on 30 Rock, yes, I have a poster of her, and yes, I wanted to name our first son Tina, but it's nothing weird. Anyway, this is a good episode of Ellen. It looks like tomorrow, she'll be having Robert Pattinson on. Is it me, or does that guy look sickly? I've never wanted to force an IV on someone as much as when I see him.

Speaking of Robert Pattinson, I do have a bit of social commentary which is also a popular blog thing. I saw this section in Barnes and Noble today:


Has it really come to this? Don't get me wrong, I got a little teary-eyed when Christina Ricci got to dance with the human version of Casper at the end of the film of the same name, but I didn't go nuts over it. I guess teenagers' current obsession with "Twilight," "Harry Potter," and Lady Gaga warrants it, but to have this be a whole section in a bookstore? Japan, Singapore, and South Korea are all beating us in math and science, but when it comes to Phantasmic Love we have them all beat.

So, there you have it. My blog about how I have nothing to blog about. I'd like to think it's existential, but we all know it's just laziness. I promise I will try harder. Thanks for reading.

Dave









No comments:

Post a Comment