Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Chef Wang's
1145 Northwest Broad St.
Murfreesboro, TN 37129

After 4 days of intense preparation and filming for our upcoming "Dork Anthem" music video, we headed out in search of nourishment and Chinese Donuts. Our odyssey brought us to Chef Wang's.

When we first walked in I was a little concerned with the amount of non-Asian employees. Is this kind of racist? Yes, but you know that if you had to choose chicken at a Chinese Buffet prepared by either General Tso or Colonel Sanders, we all know who you'd choose. The decor was very nice. They had main eating areas blocked off into certain sections and also a separated bar area with televisions, which I assume are for sporting events or "Small Wonder" reruns (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088610/)

The food was very good. They had an expansive selection of Sushi which Jon, our director, and Brian partook of. They were both pleased. I tried the Chicken Feet which I never had before. There's literally not much to describe since the edible part of a chicken's foot is very small. I was very impressed with a certain fruit in the selection, but no one could tell me what it was. Our table didn't know, Jared the waiter didn't know, and the weirded out teenage girl I asked at the buffet didn't know. Finally, before we left, Jared informed me that it was Papaya. I highly recommend the Papaya at Chef Wang's.

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment