Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fantasy 2010

If you were to go back in time and tell my younger self that I'd be involved in a group of men who meet online to participate in a fantasy about football players, I hope you bring a good explanation and a picture of my wife, just to alleviate any paranoia I would harbor. I am addicted to Fantasy Football and have been playing for about 6 years now. I can admit it though, so I don't think it's a problem.

For those of you who don't know what Fantasy Football is, it's where you take real players and put them on a team. Their stats in real life add up to points for your fantasy team. Fantasy Football is a lot like Weight Watchers in that it's all in keeping track of the points.

I am in a league with my roommate from college and a bunch of other guys who have connections to Syracuse University. There are 16 teams in the league and after a 13 week regular season, I went undefeated. I just won the 1st playoff game last week, which now brings my record to 14-0. If I can win, and be totally undefeated, I will have to pop the cap on a bottle of Coke Zero and do so every year from here on out after the last undefeated team loses.

Some of you may be thinking, "Wow, Dave! You must've put a lot of effort into this. What do you win?" Well, if I win, I get a T-Shirt and the respect of 15 other guys who have connections to Syracuse University. If I lose, I live with the shame of going meaninglessly undefeated during the regular season without winning the big game. It'll be just another item to add to my list of things that make me feel like Tom Brady, right along with having stylish hair and a really hot wife.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment